Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Twitter: Updated

So I've decided to start a Twitter. In the wise words of my brother (who got them from someone else undoubtedly...as all things go), "No disclaimers". I'm really intrigued to figure out what the heck this thing is, and why its so interesting to everyone. My name is musicnaut for anyone who wants to find me and...I don't know yet what the point of finding me on there would be, but whatever is...do that.


Update:
I found a use for Twitter! Kind of.....but it is actually pretty exciting for me that I even set it up - perhaps demonstrating how behind the curve I am. Twitter can be used in tandem with Facebook to update status. Not that impressive you say? I agree. What is so amazing however is the incredible ease with which you can set up your mobile phone to update your Twitter. A text message to Twitter equals a text message to Facebook, voila! You can now update your Facebook status from your cellphone, completely devoid of any fancy or expensive web technology on your phone! Trust me, if anyone would have trouble with this it would be me, my phone is completely obsolete at this point - but because all you need is text capabilities, most any phone should be compatible.

I probably won't even use it all that often, but it is very cool to have gone through the process/experience. I'm still on top of the game at this point! Patrick 1, Technology 0.


Just found this article this morning, a real journalist who did pretty much the same thing I did.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/12/technology/personaltech/12pogue.html

No comments:

Post a Comment