Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sometimes Things Blow My Mind - Unfortunately That Leaves My Brain In My Skull

I realize that the tidal wave of technology is growing at such an incredible rate that we are all closer to being obsolete every second that we are not on a computer. Insanity. The newest technology that I have interacted with is Twitter, and it brings me very close to expletives at how astounded I am. In Twitter's own words, "Twitter is a free service that lets you keep in touch with people through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?" It almost sounds like text messaging, but then what the hell do you need a web-page for if that is all it is?

Before I go on (in case you are just slightly more obsolete than I am) here is an example of a Twit(ter?).

http://twitter.com/lynncardona

It is just so incredible to me that Facebook status has been taken and turned into a separate and completely viable entity unto its own! People are you serious?!?! To quote Yeasayer's 2080, "I can't sleep when I think about the times we're living in".

Of course I see that Twitter is the new fastest growing phenomena on the internet, I'm sure everyone will have one in a week and pretty soon we'll all be wearing computer screens on our heads because who needs face to face conversation with one person at a time when you can just throw your comments in EVERYONE'S face with no one ever there to tell you to shutup?

This is why The Matrix is so ironic - it is made to glorify Neo, who would save everyone from the evil Matrix, when really the freaking robots would be hailed as the hero with their cure-all - tubes and wires for everyone!

Reserve yours today!

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/projects/matrix_regenerator/mr_worklog/mr_images/matrix_complete_16.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment